Sunday, August 2, 2009

Baseball Fan

Natalie loves to color. She also loves to spell. She is always asking me if she can color and asking me to spell things for her. She is very smart so I usually tell her to sound out the words to spell them. She is very good at it. On another note, whenever we watch the Cubs play baseball on TV the kids like to watch. Andrew has got them trained as to what the information means at the top of the screen - each team, their score, how many balls, strikes, and outs, which inning it is, and so on. Yesterday we were watching the Cubs play the Florida Marlins. At the top of the screen, it read: CUBS (their score) FLA (their score). Natalie knew right away which one the Cubs were but asked us what the other team was. She sounded it out just as it showed - I explained to her that FLA was short for Florida. She seemed happy enough and went on with her day.

This morning as we were getting ready for church, she asked if she could color. I told her yes so downstairs she went with some paper and markers. About 15 minutes later she comes upstairs and says, "Mommy, look what I wrote!" then proceeded to show me her paper:

Oh my sweet girl I couldn't help but laugh. What a memory these little kids have! She was very impressed with herself, as was I. Her daddy will be so proud of her - surely she will grow up to be a great baseball fan.

No comments: